Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forged Signature on Report of marriage to Phil Embassy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I have spoken to 2 atty's who seem unclear of the options available for this problem so I am seeking advice on what actions I could take.

My Ex-wife filed a report of marriage with the Phil Embassy in Los Angeles AFTER we received a divorce in the U.S. In this Report of Marriage Abroad she forged my signature.

I know that I have two options with NSO to remove the marriage record both which require filing a court case. 1) Prove the forged signature 2) validate the divorce.

My question concerns the criminal aspects of the forged signature. Since the document was submitted to the Philippine Embassy and it says "SWEAR UNDER PENALTY OF LAW...." what Philippine remedies are available? Can I also bring suit for the expense of the case to correct NSO records?

View user profile


was the person who filed the petition for divorce an American citizen (or other citizenship) at the time of filing?

Is your wife here in the philippines?

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum