Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I use my maiden name in the BC of my child?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

beeonemom

Arresto Menor
I am married but separated already with my husband. Our marriage is not yet annulled though both parties agree on this. Now I'm pregnant with another man-- he's single and takes responsibility of the child. Can I use my maiden name in the birth certificate of my child? Also, can our child be named after his biological father without any hassles in the future? I'm expecting the annulment to be settled by next year. I hope you can give me legal advise on this matter. Thank you.

View user profile

attyLLL

the law requires that the child be named after your husband.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

cody12

Arresto Menor
does it mean that on name of father section of birth cert, the legal husband's name should be written inspite the fact that he is not the father?

View user profile

beeonemom

Arresto Menor
follow up question. pano po magkaroon ng right ang bata na kilalanin din ng biological father nya? if the child will be named after my ex-husband's family name, does that mean, his name will also appear in the FATHER'S NAME section in the birth certificate?

View user profile

attyLLL

cody, by law, yes. but i have to admit that in this situation, many people don't follow the law.

bee, see my answer above. the legal remedy is for the husband to file a petition to impugn the legitimacy of the spurious child within 1 year from filing of birth certificate.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum