I was married before but got annulled. My ex husband has has a very good income working overseas but he was not a good provider to our son. He abandon us that is even before we separated. He never give financial support or anything to our son. He was never a good father and has very little involvement in our child’s life as most of his time is spent with his friends and all his vices when he arrived in the Philippines.
When I have my nullity of marriage papers the certificate of finality indicates the following word:
"FURTHERMORE, the Court hereby awards the PERMANENT CUSTODY of the child (my son's name).... to plaintiff (me).... "
My questions are:
1. With the above paragraph, having given the PERMANENT CUSTODY does that mean that
I have been awarded the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of my son as well?
2. I am married again here in the foreign country in which me and my son are already a citizens. My son has been using my now husbands surname since there is a legal way of changing a name here by not going into adoption route. Since we want my son to have dual citizenship we are in the process of adoption here in order for his new name to be recognize in the Philippines. With the adoption does his biological father needs to signed anything? We don’t know his whereabouts for years but recently found an account with his name on facebook. I sent a message but havent received a reply. Will it speeds up the process since he didn’t reply?
3. Since me and my son are already citizens in this foreign country does my son’s biological father have any rights or can sue me?
4. If we become dual citizens, does my son’s biological father still have any rights or can ran after me and claim back my son?
5. If we will be successful with the adoption process here, what it the process in order for my son’s new name to be regognize in the Philippines. Does it needs to go to a court again or will it just needs to be registered to the NSO?
Your help would be very much appreciated with my case and hoping to get some legal advise from you. Thank you for putting a site like this.