Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birth Certificate ISSUE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Birth Certificate ISSUE on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:48 pm


Arresto Menor
It was 1989 when I went to NSO to get a copy of my Birth Certificate but they said that it's not on file. So i have decided to have a late registration for my birth certificate in Pampanga using my Baptismal Certificate, and my birth date as indicated there is November 29, 1968. And ever since I went to school up to now, I've been using that birth date. Until just this month, I went to NSO to try to get a copy of my birth certificate and found out that my real date of birth is October 29, 1967, they didn't have a copy of it before but for some reason they have a copy of my BC now.

My question is, where can I go to get my date of birth corrected? Would it be possible to use the birth date that I've been using ever since? Because all of my documents (Passport, SSS, PhilHealth, Driver's Licence, PAG-IBIG, TIN, Bank/Credit Cards, Insurance, Health Card, COMELEC, etc.) have that DOB (11/29/1968). Is it also possible just to go to a Local Registral Office for them to ANNOTATE the November 29, 1968 on my original DOB, stating that this is the same person, so that I won't have to change my DOB with all the documents that I have.

View user profile

2 Re: Birth Certificate ISSUE on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:39 pm


I think the better thing to do is to request all these government agencies to modify their records based on the correct birth certificate.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum