Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights of an illegitimate child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rights of an illegitimate child on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:34 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi... I am currently 8mos pregnant to a married man who has been divorced in Canada but not annulled in the Philippines. He left me for the reason na baka daw idemanda kami ng ex-wife nia. Now, may karapatan po ba ako na mag ask ng support for our child or wala since di pa sia naipapanganak and baka di pa sia pumirma sa birth certificate? thanks

ok i read some of the cases here.. seems like this is what i need to do:

1. file an affidavit of acknowledgment, if the father won't sign it, i need to file for a petition of filiation
2. if i get the document signed and notarized and he still won't give the exact amount that he needs to give my daughter, i can file for an "economic abuse" case?

is that what i need to do? please tell me if i understood it right.

View user profile

2 Re: Rights of an illegitimate child on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:45 pm


thumbs up to you for reading up on this. you are correct.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Rights of an illegitimate child on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:49 pm


Arresto Menor
thank you atty. I think I also read somewhere here that I can make my own affidavit since there are many samples from the web.. i just need to have it notarized po diba then send it sa family court? thank you for responding to my question. the father is willing to support our kid, i just want it to be legalized so i wont have a problem in the future.. salamat po uli!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum