Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Self Defense Attempted RAPE

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Self Defense Attempted RAPE on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:54 am

Arresto Menor
I need you advice.

A friend, poor young woman age 19 went to work cleaning at a property in the Leyte area. The property caretaker attempted to rape her, she grab a knife and defended herself, seriously injuring the attacker. As of this post, i do not know if he is alive or still in hospital. Now she is in prison. Police ask for 50,000php for her release. I do not understand the legal system? What happens next, when my friend is poor (an both parents are dead) and she provides for three other younger bro and sisters? She has no money, is there free legal aid to assist her?

Thanks for your timely response..

View user profile

2 Re: Self Defense Attempted RAPE on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:50 pm

She can ask free legal assistance from the Public Attorney's Office or from the IBP Legal Aide Program. I suppose that the 50 thousand is not being asked (as bribe by the police) but the amount was mentioned only as the amount of bail that the accused may pay so that she may stay out of jail while the case is still being heard.

Do your best to help your friend. If you have friends at the place where she was detained, you can ask them to eztend help to your friend by coordinating with the local IBP office or the Public Atty's Office.

God bless.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum