Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions From an Illegitimate Child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Questions From an Illegitimate Child on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:14 am


Arresto Menor
Good day!

I would like to ask for an advise. I am the eldest of the 3 illegitimate children. We are using our father's surname although he is already and still married to his legal wife. Our father is an ex PNP official. He used to provide financial support until 1998. We haven't heard anything from him since then. My mother didn't contacted him as well. We have totally lost our communication with our Dad.
Now that our mother is already dead, we got some hearsay that our father is also dead. We are hesitant to go to his house because we want to avoid scandalous confrontations. We are not even sure if his wife is aware of our existence.

1. Are we facing any legal problem because our parents falsified some information in our NSO authenticated birth certificates? Dad signed our birth certificates but they also indicated that they are married, providing date/place of marriage. They probably did that because we were born 1988-1991, before the RA 176 was issued.

2. I read from other posts that illegitimate children can get half of the legitimate's property. Just in case Dad is really dead,what documents do we have to provide so we can get our share of inheritance?

Thank you in advance!

View user profile

2 Re: Questions From an Illegitimate Child on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:21 pm


you'll have to discuss inheritance with the other heirs. if they refuse, you'll have to file a petition in court for settlement of your father's estate.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum