Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Support

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child Support on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:27 am

uriel

Arresto Menor
I have a son whose father is a US citizen. We wanted to get married but I have status issues and now we are drifting apart. I want to know if I can demand for child support. We are not married but my son is recognized by him and that He signed in the birth certificate as the father. I am not working at the moment and we are just receiving allotment from him but just in case bc i heard that he has a girlfriend in Hawaii now and sometimes he fails to send us money for rent, etc. Someone told me that I may not be able to demand for child support bc my son is not a US citizen, is that true? Also, can he take my son from me because I am unemployed and unable to support him? Please tell me the right thing to do. Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: Child Support on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:32 pm

attyLLL

was you son reported to the US embassy as an American citizen?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Child Support on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:06 pm

uriel

Arresto Menor
No, my boyfriend didn't report to the US embassy of our son as a US citizen. He tried while he was in Hawaii but he was told to do it here in the Philippines and have a DNA test first.

View user profile

4 Re: Child Support on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:15 pm

attyLLL

a paternity test is possible. the us embassy here will collect the sample from your child. if your child is declared to be a us citizen, he will have access to better support services and be entitled to support from his father under US law also. have your bf initiate it.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Child Support on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:56 pm

uriel

Arresto Menor
Atty, what if he doesn't do it? I need to know my son's rights whether or not he is a US citizen bc I think that my bf is aware of this and I dont think he will report to the US embassy of his son's citizenship especially now. Thank you so much for replying.

View user profile

6 Re: Child Support on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:10 pm

attyLLL

then i would recommend to you to look for support groups in the US who can give you legal aid. it is next to impossible to take legal action against someone outside philippine jurisdiction unless you have unlimited resources.

View user profile

7 Re: Child Support on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:15 pm

uriel

Arresto Menor
that's true...thank you so much for your time atty.

View user profile

8 Re: Child Support Today at 5:39 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum