Hi. I am new here. Thank you for accepting my registration application.
May legal questions are these:
1. We purchased a piece of land measuring 65 square meters in Tagaytay.
2. A TCT was issued in our favor for this 65 sq.m. on December 12, 2002.
3. However, we failed to secure a tax declaration separate from the mother title at that time.
4. In 2006, we went to the Assessor’s office to settle whatever tax liability we have for that 65 sq.m. since the TCT was issued.
5. The City Assessor told us that since they system is already computerize they cannot accept partial payment that is just the equivalent tax for our land as there is no separate Tax Declaration yet from the mother title.
6. And they claimed that, the total tax accountability,under the account of the mother title amounting P19,000 at the time has to be paid first.
7. I requested the owner of the mother title about the tax accountability. I followed up several time since then by letter and by phone.
8. She promised to settle the account as soon as they have the money. But up to now she has not done so. Always giving us different excuses.
1. Which legal authority can we go to and request for a ruling to make the assessor accept the payment corresponding only to our share, and issue us a separate tax declaration?
2. Is the Transfer Certificate of Title not enough evidence that we only have to pay the tax for that piece of land?
3. What is the legal way to compel the owner of the mother title to settle the tax accountability in order to free our land from the mother title?
Thank you for whatever reply you may give.