Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

change of child's surname

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 change of child's surname on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:36 pm

prettyme

Arresto Menor
i got pregnant when I was on college..nagkahiwalay kami ng boyfriend ko...sa galit ko sa kanya binuhay ko magisa ang anak ko..niregister sa pangalan ko...my child is using my surname...after 8 years nagkabalikan kami ng bf ko...pede pa ba nyang i acknowledge ang anak namin at mailagay sa apelyido nya? salamat po

View user profile

2 Re: change of child's surname on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:17 pm

attyLLL

even if you were not mad at him, i think you did the right thing and that is what i advise to my single mom clients. imagine if the child had been registered in the name of the father and then you separated?

inquire at the civil registrar where he was registered what their requirements are for the Authority to Use Surname of the Father.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: change of child's surname on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 am

prettyme

Arresto Menor
kahit po ba d kami kasal??? thanks a lot po sir Smile

View user profile

4 Re: change of child's surname on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:05 pm

attyLLL

yes, courtesy of the Revilla Law. RA 9255

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: change of child's surname on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:53 pm

prettyme

Arresto Menor
thsnk u very much and god bless u always atty..

View user profile

6 Re: change of child's surname on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:32 pm

pinayCH

Arresto Menor
Hello po, medyo related ang case ko and hope to get some guidance here. I had a baby while still in college at pinalaki ko ang anak ko like a sister, last name ko ang dala nya. Last year i got married here in Europe to a German. Kasama ko ang anak ko dito and 7 yrs old na sya. Gusto ko sana ichange ang lastname nya para same kame. Is it possible without adopting(even if were also open to that)? And one more thing, possible ba to proceed without having any info on her biological father?

View user profile

7 Re: change of child's surname on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:01 pm

attyLLL

i recommend you adopt her under german law

View user profile

8 Re: change of child's surname on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:22 pm

im_anne18

Arresto Menor
I'm pregnant 5months na po. The father is not yet prepared to get married (20 years old, jobless and irresponsible) and he's not financially capable of raising the child too.

My family is taking care of me and planning to raise the baby by ourselves without any help from the father. What decision is best for me and for the baby? In terms of benefits purposes? If in the future, the father decides to marry me, how much is the fee in changing the surname of the baby?

View user profile

9 Re: change of child's surname on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:40 pm

attyLLL

if you want your child to be entitled to support, the father has to sign the birth certificate and this will have the effect of the child carrying his last name.

if you eventually marry, you just need to file a copy of your marriage certificate

View user profile

10 Re: change of child's surname Today at 6:18 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum