Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reckless imprudence resulting to slight physical injury

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hello Atty,

I need all forms to help and advice.

last 2009 Aug, I was driving an Honda MC(motorcycle) following a PUV crossing an intersection on a Go signal. A 64yr old woman ran across the said street and swipeside / bump my right leg while driving.

Right there and then I brought the old woman to the hospital, answered for the immediate meds, xray need and diapers. According to the doctor due to old age even with a mild push in her butt her hip bone can easily be broken. thus she was advise for a surgery. Due to no money, the doctor asked the old woman's daughter to sign a waiver bringing her home. and once we are able to raise money then we bring her back for the said operation as agreed.

As i was continously applying for posible loans,we tried settling with the old woman's family thru the baranggay 3 times as they sent us summon but none from their party appeared. We also agreed to see each other at the Citom (police) office. But so many times they did not appear. Oct 1, 2009 i caught them and brought them to the police for an arrangement. the said arrangment was for the old woman's party to complete the insurance requirements so we can that insurance will pay for the expenses. The hospital will not release the said documents since i am not related to the old woman. the agreed to submit it before the 60days will be over. We tried calling the phone number they left us but they have been changing numbers. Her nephew Joel went to our house shouting and letting us pay. We told him insurance will take care of it aS soon as they complete the requirements. But instead he said they will file a case. Months have passed, we kept on asking them for the requirements until such time that they are unreachable.

In our thought that everything was over , Aug31, 2011 , a group of policemen came to our house to serve a bench warrant. I was able to ask the honorable court to lift my warrant and is schedule for arraignment on November 2011.

What can be our possible action for this? I would like to stress that it was the old woman who ran and bumped my side while i was driving.

Help me please.

View user profile


make sure you prepare your counter affidavit and submit at the arraignment. It is better if you are assisted by legal counsel. you will then undergo mediation.

what does the police report say?

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum