Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I need your advise, attyLLL

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I need your advise, attyLLL on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:25 pm

joma_s

Arresto Menor
Dear Sir,
My mother in law has a piece of land in QC acquired through relocation grant by the Imelda Marcos.

She has 2 offspring, the woman (my wife) and her brother.

Some 20 or so years back, the brother fell into financial trouble and borrowed money from her sister making his share for the lot as his guarantee.

Will this be enough for the sister claim full inheritance of the said property?

This is my initial question and I hope to receive an answer and further my questions.

thanks

View user profile

2 Re: I need your advise, attyLLL on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:47 pm

attyLLL

was the mother still alive when this deal was made? if yes, the deal is void because it involves future inheritance. the property was not his to give.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: I need your advise, attyLLL on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:14 am

joma_s

Arresto Menor
attyLLL wrote:was the mother still alive when this deal was made? if yes, the deal is void because it involves future inheritance. the property was not his to give.
Yes she is alive up to now.

The deal is done in "good faith". Meaning their mother stated that what was helped financially on him will cover the amount for his inheritance. And the brother, at that time, agreed verbally.

Can something legal be done in order that the agreement be in effect (meaning the piece of property can be moved to the sister ownership)?

Thanks again, sir.

View user profile

4 Re: I need your advise, attyLLL on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:58 pm

attyLLL

even if they agreed, it is void.

mother can donate or sell the property to the sister.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: I need your advise, attyLLL on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:33 pm

joma_s

Arresto Menor
thank you sir!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum