Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

to what law it would fall under?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 to what law it would fall under? on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:08 pm


Arresto Menor
hello atty,
i would like to take the opportunity to ask for legal advice.. my case might be typical for you but i just want to ask for some guidance

i would try not to be too emotional about this but i have a question to ask..

do we have law to protect a woman who got pregnant but the father of her child doesnt want to take responsibility at all? financial support na lang po ba ung tanging parusa na pwedeng ipataw sa iresponsible guy na nakakabuntis and they are still free basically saying? while the girl had no choice but to take in charge..

I have read articles about RA 9262 VAWC but i still dont feel good.. parang pag pumayag na po yung mga guys na magbibigay ng supporta for the kid, tapos na yung kaso.. but how about the girl na naagrabyado nya? nasira yung buhay and future plans because of unplanned pregnancy? having to face the world alone? -sorry for the drama po.. but wala po bang parusa para hindi maging ganito yung mga guys to girls? kse wala ng magawa yung girl pag tumanggi yung guy na magpakasal..

what will happen po ba if psychological/emotional violence is filed against a guy?

View user profile

2 Re: to what law it would fall under? on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:53 pm


Arresto Menor
to back up my sentiments po, here's my story

I had a bf last june2011, i got pregnant and when i told him about my situation and he promised for support if i need abortion, he gave me Php 1000 to buy for the pills but when my mother found out about my plan, she texted my bf's father that im pregnant. His father promised to take actions but when my bf found out, he broke up with me. he told my mom that we will fix the problem.

As a remedy i asked arrangement that he would still show up so my family would not think that he's still there to support me, he said he can only give Php 1000 twice a month though i know we both have around 20K+ salary monthly. He visited me once but after that he hardly communicate with me. By some chance that i would bug him to accompany me for check up or to just show up, he would replied insensitively /sarcastically /rudely. I was begging me for many times to please dont give me stress because im pregnant but he heartlessly doesnt care.

My mother found out about it and text his parent again for his party together with ours to talk personally. my mother wants to insist for marriage since my x-bf suddenly act as if he doesnt care at all. my x-bf refused about the wedding because he said he is to be petitioned to canada, he needs to be a single.
My x-bf send text msgs saying that he would stop his support and i cant do anything about it anymore then he's also cursing me and my mother with "leche" and "lintek". My mom warned him about RA 9262, at first he wasnt aware of it but later he said that he will continue the support of just 1000 twice a month and he will stop after i gave birth. Saying he can only support until then. He said he would just take the child if i cant support him/her.

What part of RA 9262 can i file against him ? since there is no consistency in his words, im afraid that he would just leave his responsibility since he mentioned that he has plan of going to canada. pakiramdam ko po masyado akong agrabyado emotionally and psychologically dahil sa treatment nya. parang pag kinasuhan ko po sya, dapat po ba makontento nalang ako na magbibigay na sya ng sustento and he could move freely having another victim? sya pa po ang matapang na di daw nya ako uurungan kung magkakaso ako.. is his text messages strong enough as an evidence for emottional violence?

Last edited by hopeless16 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar error)

View user profile

3 Re: to what law it would fall under? on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:30 pm


he's not a responsible guy, but he's not a criminal. sorry to say, but the law does not obligate him to marry you or even acknowledge the child. if he's like that, aren't you glad he didn't?

your remedy is to file a case for support even while you're pregnant. you can try to file an RA 9262 case, but without his admission that he is the father, it will be hard for the case to prosper.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum