Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage without records in Archives..valid or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

heart_angel

Arresto Menor
i need help pls. my husband told me that he and his mistress got married just recently and they are living together right now. He told me that our marriage is void because he can't find the record in the Phil. Archives. I don't understand it, we've been married for 14 yrs our first marriage was in 1997 at the Manila City Hall, then 2nd in Binondo Church in yr 2000. We have a marriage certificate from NSO. I'am currently working abroad and i sponsored him so we can be together it's just that we're still waiting for our papers to be granted that's why he is still in the PHILIPPINES. I only learned about this today, I am so depressed and don't know what to do. Can i file a case against him and his mistress?

View user profile

attyLLL

if you have a marriage certificate from NSO, then your marriage is recorded. request for another one and the marriage certificate of your husband's new marriage. in a similar case, what we did was to file a case of bigamy.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

heart_angel

Arresto Menor
thank you for the the information attyLLL...i don't have any idea of the girl's full name and when/where exactly they got married, would my husband's name can be enough info to request for their marriage certificate?

View user profile

attyLLL

you can begin by asking for the cenomar of your husband. if he used his real name, both marriages will be reported and the name of the girl.

but you can also try asking for his marriage certificate if the nso will allow it.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

heart_angel

Arresto Menor
Thank you AttyLLL. Just today i learned that my husband is planning to get back to work as a seaman, and i have a feeling that he's going to declare his mistress as his allotee, can i do something about it? i don't need his money, it's just that I want to prove to them that i'am the legal wife and only me is entitled to whatever that is rightfully for me. What should I do? Should I call or write a letter to POEA?

View user profile

attyLLL

you can write to poea and inform them yo are the lawful allotee. better if you can get that second marriage contract, file bigamy and get a watch list order so he can't leave.

View user profile

heart_angel

Arresto Menor
thank you so much AttyLLL for taking time to answer all my questions.. God Bless you.

View user profile

heart_angel

Arresto Menor
ATTY, please i need information...this is still in connection with my husband's infidelity. My husband has 2 illegitimate children in 2 different women, and I'am afraid that the recent mistress is pregnant right now. My question is about the properties i have acquired when I was still single. Is it considered as conjugal properties now? and do his children have the right with these properties? ...help please and thank you.

View user profile

attyLLL

what year were you married?

View user profile

heart_angel

Arresto Menor
Civil wedding year 1997 and church wedding in year 2000.

View user profile

attyLLL

yes, they are considered jointly owned by husband and wife.

View user profile

heart_angel

Arresto Menor
When we talked about these properties, lagi nya sinasabi sa akin na gagawa kami ng sulat na tinatanggal nya ang karapatan nya at ng kanyang mga anak sa mga properties na ito dahil alam nya na hindi pa kami mag asawa nung ibinigay yun ng parents ko. Is it legal and acceptable in court if ever?

View user profile

attyLLL

no, that won't be recognized. your remedy will be to file a petition for separation of property.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum