Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can homosexuality be a defense for adultery?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Can homosexuality be a defense for adultery? on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Hello. I am a married woman who is very very problematic now due to my ex-husband. Our marriage lasted for 7 years and it was a rocky and shaky seven years for both of us. Although we are both unhappy, we don't have enough money to come to court and have it annulled. We had verbal agreement that our relationship was over and hence I already entertained possible intimate relationship. He was abroad during the time that we agreed we're done. During those times, he will even ask me how's my date or how's was boyfriend, etc, making me feel that we really are very very much over with each other. We had hard time then because he is having various affairs with men and women alike. He is bisexual. I still loved him then and accepted him despite that bisexuality. But he did more than that, he is not sharing his finances, not helping me with rearing our children, beats me when we had a fight, disrespect my parents, and a lot more.

Can I use his homosexuality to defend myself for possible adultery charge? I had a child with my boyfriend. When he came back from Riyadh and maybe to save his skin from being known as homosexual, he wanted me back and hence charging me as adulterer.

One more thing, he got my two kids and he does not want me to see them, always threatening me with being an adulterer.

Please help me. I really am desperate now.

View user profile


Sorry but homosexuality of the spouse is not a defense for the one who committed adultery.

View user profile


perhaps there's another defense. did you have sex with him after he found out? that can be considered reconciliation?

do you have written record of these questions regarding your dates? that can be argued as consent.

who is the father listed on the child's birth certificate?

even if you are convicted, you can apply for probation and not have to serve imprisonment.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum