Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can a judge coach lawyers during a trial?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Can a judge coach lawyers during a trial? on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:30 pm

athos_lafere

Arresto Menor
I was just wondering if it is normal in the judiciary system here in our country for a trial court judge to show their anger and to coach a plaintiff's lawyer on what to do in order for them to present additional evidence against the defendants?

Will there be fair trial in this way?

View user profile

2 Re: Can a judge coach lawyers during a trial? on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:16 pm

lawyeranger

Prision Correccional
haha, a priori consult your lawyer, you might have misunderstood what happened inside the courtroom,

at most, definitely not, that will manifest that the judge is something, have the Judge inhibit himself from hearing the case if his actions doesn't sit well with you

View user profile

3 Re: Can a judge coach lawyers during a trial? on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:17 pm

lawyeranger

Prision Correccional
however, there are times when there is a need to cut off a lawyer for some clarificatory questioning, and that is allowed under the rules.

View user profile

4 Re: Can a judge coach lawyers during a trial? on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:35 am

caw8862

Arresto Menor
remember the case of javier vs comelec, as part of due process, a litigant is entitled no the 'cold neutrality of an impartial judge'.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum