Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaman Partner Wants to Legally Separate From Wife

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hello po mga Attorneys,

I have a seaman friend who wants to legally separate from his wife. (Money and Attitude issues).

What can he do with the demands of his wife who threatens him with regards to his employment. Grounds for the legal separation, Psycological Incapacity ( the wife cannot bear child ).


q1: can the wife demand an allotment more of what she is given while the case is not yet filed? or even if the case is filed?

q2: the wife is only given 5k pesos per month. Can she ask for more? They don't have a child.

q3: if the annulment case is filed, can the wife still demand something from the husband? They don't have a conjugal property. They have been married for 5 years but never really slept together for that long.. They are only together for Around 2 months only if the days are put together.

Please give your advices Attorneys with a good heart.

View user profile


they have never had sexual intercourse?

what the poea rules require is that 80% of a seaman's salary be given to the family.

they are still considered husband and wife until there is a final decision declaring their marriage to be void.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile


Arresto Menor
good day poh.

married po kami nang seaman. we have a 1yr old son.

hindi poh nagbibigay nag suporta since b4.
kaso ang birth cert nang baby namin sa akin pa naka sunod. pero i havr documents na that he acknowledged our son. pero ayaw ko pa po ipa change since he already abandon his child.

currently on board. sabi nya pag uwi namin mag file xa nang annulment.

anu poh gagawin ko para sa financial support at kaso againt him.

hindi po ako nakatatanggap ng allotment dahil single po nilagay nya sa contract nya.

salamat sa sagot

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
bakit sa iyo naka-sunod ang name ng bata?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum