Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to get over with my marriage.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 how to get over with my marriage. on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:08 pm

ayseq

Arresto Menor
i got secretly married 1994 before my husband left for abroad. we don't live together as husband and wife since the ceremony was secret. after 1 year my husband met a girl and they got married. so we parted ways already and thats it. no communication at all. it's 15 years now and i wanted to have a family of my own. i filed annulment in US so it was granted. but they cannot honor it in phils since i want to live in phils w/ my foreign husband and remarry again in my hometown. what to do? please help...
How much and how long will be the process?

View user profile

2 Re: how to get over with my marriage. on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:16 am

attyLLL

what was the basis for annulment in the case in the US?

are you still a filipino citizen?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: how to get over with my marriage. on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:14 pm

ayseq

Arresto Menor
I'm still filipino citizen. And the basis for annulment is Irrenconcilable differences.
They say that the divorce i filed was only valid if i remarry in US. But not in Phils. Coz our record is still in census.

View user profile

4 Re: how to get over with my marriage. on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:07 pm

attyLLL

i think you had a divorce, not an annulment. it is not recognized here

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: how to get over with my marriage. on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:02 pm

ayseq

Arresto Menor
how can it be recognized in phils? I want to marry may foreign husband in phils, and at the same time i want also that the marriage of my ex-husband w/ her wife now be legal for the sake of there children. we are in good communication though and we just wanted to have everything fix.

View user profile

6 Re: how to get over with my marriage. on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:12 pm

attyLLL

you'll have to file annulment proceedings here if a ground exists. your divorce cannot be recognized because you were a filipino when you filed it.

View user profile

7 Re: how to get over with my marriage. on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:27 pm

ayseq

Arresto Menor
Thank you very much.

Still have one more concern... if in case my marriage with my ex husband gets annulled, does it mean that his 2nd marriage will automatically gets legal? or they need to remarry again?

View user profile

8 Re: how to get over with my marriage. on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:04 pm

attyLLL

no, it does not become valid. he is still liable for bigamy

View user profile

9 Re: how to get over with my marriage. on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:06 am

ayseq

Arresto Menor
yes. but we wanted things to be done peacefully now. i don't want to sue him for bigamy. just wanted to get over with our 1st marriage and get everything in legal with my marriage now and same with his marriage too with his present wife. what to do?

View user profile

10 Re: how to get over with my marriage. on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:56 pm

attyLLL

your 2nd marriage is valid under US law, but not under philippine law. you will have to file annulment proceedings here

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum