Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rent problem. Please help

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rent problem. Please help on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:46 pm

caffeinedrunk

Arresto Menor
I have some concerns regarding my rent. I haven't been paying my rent on time, but I manage to pay within the month, just not on the exact date agreed. I have already told my landlord the reason for this yet he still gave warning that he will give me an eviction notice once I don't pay on the exact date next month. I told him about RA 9653 and reminded him that I did pay 2 months deposit. He sent me another note (which had a condescending tone) and told me that my 1 year contract is almost up and that he can easily give me an eviction notice. Now I'm a bit confused since I have been renting for more than 1 year already (1 year and 2 months, to be exact and will be paying for the 3rd month's rent) and he is still accepting rent payments from me. Does this mean that the contract is automatically renewed? He also has not given me the original contract. What can I do to stay in the premise until such time I find another apartment?

Thanks!

View user profile

2 Re: Rent problem. Please help on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:08 pm

manilenio

Arresto Menor
that's implied consent so you can stay as long as he doesn't give you notice to vacate. if you want a formal renewal of contract, have you tried asking him point blank for one?

View user profile http://www.manilenio.o.cc

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum