Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intervention of the offended party in criminal action

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Sec. 16. Intervention of the offended party in criminal action. – Where the civil action for recovery of civil liability is instituted in the criminal action pursuant to Rule 111, the offended party may intervene by counsel in the prosecution of the offense.

What does "the offended party may intervene by counsel in the prosecution of the offense" mean? Does it have anything to do with say, when i filed a complaint against somebody and i am not the offended party, then the offended party can intervene? What happens when he intervenes?

View user profile


that provision refers to civil damages. if the offended party is seeking civil damages, he can be represented by counsel to take part in the case.

note, technically, the coomplainant in a criminal case is the state, not the person who was directly injured. that is why it's people of the philippines vs. xxx.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum