Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Battered Partner

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Battered Partner on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:55 pm


Arresto Menor
I have been living with the father of the child for 4 years now. I'm legally single. We are not married, but he is legally married and his marriage hasn't been annulled. However, during this short period of time, I have experienced verbal and physical abuse. I have been wanting to separate with him, but he threatens me about beating me or my son. My son is currently 4 years old. It's very traumatic for me so I want to know how to solve this legally.

My partner's detail:
-36 years old
-legally married to another woman
-has 2 children from the first family
-no job

My background:
-28 years old
-have a 4 yr. old son

For verbal abuse, we often have fights when I go out with friends. He would shout "malandi ka"; "pokpok ka"; "butas ka na"; "kabit ka lang" to his heart's content even if our neighbors can hear. He is a very scandalous person. When I try to ignore him, that's when the physical abuse starts.

For physical abuse, when he can't get the things the way he wanted by shouting, pleading or begging.. he would do something to aggravate the situation. For example, trying to damage my cellphone so he can get my attention. I had experienced being punched on the face, punched on the stomach, as well as being strangled resulting to serious neck pain after. My mother, brother and sister have been witnesses to these regular commotions. Although they can't help but only see the bruises and swollen parts of the aftermath.

I wanted to get away but I have no information on how to do it legally. I just want to be safe and have the custody for my son. Please help.

View user profile

2 Re: Battered Partner on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:58 pm


why not just pack up your bags and leave? who owns the house you are staying in? there is no legal requirement for you to stay; you can just go.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum