Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

online tutoring agreement

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 online tutoring agreement on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 am

Arresto Menor
Hi, I've been a freelance online English tutor and I had a japanese student who is studying in UK. He paid for 1 month of lessons, total of 36hrs. Before we started with the lessons, I sent him and discussed with him my terms and conditions which included "no refund will be made if student decides to discontinue". Last sept 30, he wanted to discontinue because he was already absent (late for more than 15mins for our class) and he wanted to reschedule within the day. I told him I can only reschedule classes if I'm available within the day and unfortunately I had an appointment that day so we didn't have a class then he said I should refund him. I explained to him again the terms and conditions I sent him and he is saying it is invalid and he consulted with a Filipino lawyer. The amount he wanted to refund is P800 only since we only have 4 lessons left. He insists on getting his money and I told him I can only offer my services in exchange for the payment I received. Is there a way that he could really sue me? And he sent me offensive and personal messages to insult me. Can I use that as a reason not to contact him anymore and stop the lessons? I hope you can help me. Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: online tutoring agreement on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:22 pm

yes, he can sue you through a representative, but I doubt if he will.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum