applies to probationary employees also?
I have a friend who was terminated by a company
without due process. Let me share with you the
1) the person is on probationary status
2) hired sometime in July. The employee was terminated last Oct 12, 2011.
3) The employee received an email last Oct 12, 2011(at 11:17 a.m.), that he was being given a final written warning. This was only through email and no physical document was given to the employee.
4) The employee was informed that it was his last day at work in the evening of Oct 12, 2011.
5) The final written warning emailed to him was never presented to him when he met with his supervisor in Oct 10, 2011
6) There was no termination notice given to him. He was just asked to surrender the materials issued by the company was asked to sign the clearance form for his back pay to be processed.
I hope you can give me some light on this. Also, if this is a case of illegal termination / dismissal, where can the case be filed?