Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Atty, ask ko lang po kung ano ba dapat at legal na paraan para sa ganito. Kumuha po ng pag-ibig loan yung live-in partner ko kase sya po ang pwede ma-approve tapos aggregate borrower po nya ang father nya, but dalawa po kaming nagbabayad nun. May anak po kami na isa. Nakalagay po don na in case of death ng principal borrower mawewaive lahat ng utang tas mapapasakanya yung unit. If ever, kanino po mapupunta yun? or pwede po ba sya gumawa ng letter na anuman mangyari, samin ng baby ko mapupunta yun.. Or pwede din na may makita pa syang iba tas sila ang magkatuluyan, pano naman mga binayad ko don.. Iniisip ko lang din po future ng anak ko.. 25years po yung loan namin so madami pong pwede mangyari sa panahon na yun pero ayaw ko naman po mangyari yun kaso naniniguro lang po ako para sa anak namin.. Ano po maipapayo nyo?

View user profile


Arresto Menor
sir, please read up on article 147 of the family code, governing property relations of common law marriages (live-in). However, bear in mind that Art. 147 only applies if both of you have no legal impediment to marry each other, pero mas gusto nyo lang mag-live in. Kung may problema at di kayo pwede magpakasal, for example kasal ka sa iba or kasal sha sa iba, read up on Art. 148 instead.

Art. 147. When a man and a woman who are capacitated to marry each other, live exclusively with each other as husband and wife without the benefit of marriage or under a void marriage, their wages and salaries shall be owned by them in equal shares and the property acquired by both of them through their work or industry shall be governed by the rules on co-ownership.

In the absence of proof to the contrary, properties acquired while they lived together shall be presumed to have been obtained by their joint efforts, work or industry, and shall be owned by them in equal shares. For purposes of this Article, a party who did not participate in the acquisition by the other party of any property shall be deemed to have contributed jointly in the acquisition thereof if the former’s efforts consisted in the care and maintenance of the family and of the household.

Neither party can encumber or dispose by acts inter vivos of his or her share in the property acquired during cohabitation and owned in common, without the consent of the other, until after the termination of their cohabitation.

When only one of the parties to a void marriage is in good faith, the share of the party in bad faith in the co-ownership shall be forfeited in favor of their common children. In case of default of or waiver by any or all of the common children or their descendants, each vacant share shall belong to the respective surviving descendants. In the absence of descendants, such share shall belong to the innocent party. In all cases, the forfeiture shall take place upon termination of the cohabitation.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Thank you very much po. So may rights po pala kami ng anak ko kahit hindi kami kasal. Paalis po kase sya paabroad so plan namin sya na lang ang magwork at sa bahay na lang ako to take care of our baby. Sya na lang po ang magtutuloy magbayad ng bahay. Actually, ipaparent po namin yun kase ako po at baby namin sa parents ko titira habang wala cya para may kasama kami. So if ever matuloy yun na sya na lang magbayad dahil magstop na ko magwork, ok pa din po pala yun.. May habol pa din kami ng anak ko. Thanks for the advice. D ko na po pala sya kelangan papirmahin or pagawain ng sworn statement kase willing naman po sya para daw po sa ikakapalagay ng loob ko.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum