Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would a cohabitation agreement be effective in this case?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

adomicbomb

Arresto Menor
Hey all,

Would just like to ask if a cohabitation agreement would be effective in a case like this:

A man contracted 2 marriages, in his 2nd marriage he and his 2nd wife were able to buy 3 small apartments. The 2nd wife found out that her husband is bigamous and they both agreed to sign a "Cohabitation Agreement" stating that in case they separate all 3 apartments will go to wife#2. They both sign the contract in front of the necessary lawyers.

Wife #1 arrives and files a bigamy case. she wins, and the court orders the husband's properties be given to the 1st family. The 3 apartments which the second marriage bought would now fall under the rules of cohabitation. Does this mean that since husband and wife#2 signed a cohabitation agreement that husband is left without any share of property and wife #1 has nothing to get in the end?

thanks for any advice or opinion.

View user profile

attyLLL

no, it will not fall under the rules of cohabitation because there were impediments to their getting married. only the part which is proved to be contributed by the husband will be considered conjugal.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum