Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

marriage, last name issue.. etc...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 marriage, last name issue.. etc... on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Arresto Menor

I need an advise please.

My half-brother's last name was changed in 1995 under his biological father's last name. He was born under my father's surname until we found out that he's not my father's biological son but actually my now-stepfather's.

He has been using this last name since then but just found out from NSO last week that his last name is still under the old surname.

Now, we thought we just needed to endorse it to the main office but he had been advised that it will need to filed to Court because of some mismatch of dates, as my mother was divorced from my father in 1989 and my brother was born in 1986. They apparently have to also look into her marriage to my step-dad as they would like to see if there were any "impedements", which we don't exactly know what it means.

Can you please shed a light to this rather confusing information?

Thank you so much.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum