Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

inheritance rights:Adopted CHILD:Bigamous Marriage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rose maria rica

Arresto Menor
Good evening Attorney.

may i ask for your help because my life is unsafe because of this.Crying or Very sad


1. i am legally adopted child.

2. my foster parents are fake married.

3. my foster father is already married(bigamy).

4. in my birth certificate, my foster mother's surname is my middle name and my foster father's surname is my surname.

5. my foster mother owned and entitled a lot of properties.

6. she is using her surname (not my foster father's surname) and stated SINGLE on these title of properties

7. my foster mother died WITHOUT a will and testament.


9. my foster father has no occupation for more than 20 years.

10. my foster parents lived together for more than 20 years.

11. my foster father's LEGAL wife is still alive.


my problem are the following:

A. am i an illegitimate child?

B. do i have the rights to inherit ALL my foster mother's property?

C. does my foster father have the right to inherit the properties of my mother?

D. does my foster mother's siblings have the right to inherit her properties?

PLEASE clarify my bugging mind.

May God bless you. Thank you so much!

View user profile


the answer is not necessarily clear under the law, but I would assume the adoption will still be valid until there is a court proceeding which invalidates it; therefore, you remain to be a legitimate child of both of your parents.

the same can be said about your parent's marriage. there has to be a court proceeding to annul their marriage.

in the meantime, the legal presumption is that the marriage is valid you can inherit from your mother WITH YOUR FATHER. i

is there an intention to ease him out from the properties? if so, you can be the one to file a petition to declare their marriage void so you can be the sole heir.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum