Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage and registration

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Marriage and registration on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:25 pm

microbes

Arresto Menor
I'm a US citizen and my fiancee is a Filipina. We are planning on getting married in April. We have a pending K1/Fiancee visa in the works that we are hoping to get approved around April or June at the latest. I initially estimated that the K1 visa should be done by the time we wed but it's looking more and more like its gonna take longer than April. I know that if we get married I'm gonna have to change the status of our application and may cause additional delay.

My question is... If we get married prior to getting a K1 approval can we delay the registration of our marriage with the city hall or NSO? Do we have control over that or does it get registered automatically?

View user profile

2 Re: Marriage and registration on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:43 pm

attyLLL

no, it is the solemnizing officer who is responsible for filing the marriage papers and he will be liable if he does not.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Marriage and registration on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:22 pm

microbes

Arresto Menor
atty, paano yung mga late registrations? I've heard of cases doing late registrations after 15+ years... Any idea ano process ng US embassy? Do they check a marriage status on their own or look for marriage licenses or do they normally just accept what applicants bring with them like NSO-issued cenomar and what not?

View user profile

4 Re: Marriage and registration on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm

attyLLL

it's known to happen, but it's not legal. the solemnizing officer can lose his license. i am not familiar with processes of the US embassy

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum