Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please Advice : Personal loan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Please Advice : Personal loan on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:56 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi Attorneys,
Please advise.
I posted last time that before i left the Philippines i had a personal loan in Bank X. Mode of payment po is cash deposit in their bank. I neglected it and was left unpaid for about 4+ years now.
A certain Mr. X called the barangay captain in our barangay looking for me and said that they filed a case againts me in QC Trial court branch 1. Thanks atty for letting me know that there is no Branch 1 in QC. Maybe Mr X is from a collection agency trying to threaten me.

Because i had intention to settle my account now, i contacted the bank thru e-mailing their customer service. I asked for the balance of the loan. They send me history of the loan and the loan outstanding is about 99,600 (Actually the loan value is 120K but I paid about 50K already before I left 4 years ago)

Because it was been overdue for a long time it balloon to 600,000. And they refer me to their collection agency for any payment arrangement saying because it has been due for so long, I need to communicate w/ the collection agency na.

My question po:
Atty can the collection agency compel me to pay those excessive interest/penalties /fees?

Can the collection agency file a case against me? If ever what type of case po ito and what are my options.

If ever they file a case, will the court require me to pay that 600,000? Kc kahit ano po anong gawin ko d ko kayang bayaran yong 600K.

Meron po ba kayo kilala na pwede mag represent sa akin para ma-negotiate ko sa bank itong issue na ito. Wala po kc ako sa Philippines at ayoko naman po na ma-stress pa yong parents ko kc their old na po.
Thanks you po attys.

View user profile

2 Re: Please Advice : Personal loan on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:08 am


send me an email at attyllaw @

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Please Advice : Personal loan on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:20 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi Atty,

I got the same problem with above.

I made over-the counter payments thru ChinaTrust...
is it really possible to file an estafa case against me ...


View user profile

4 Re: Please Advice : Personal loan on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:01 am


Arresto Menor
Hi Atty,

Is it a correct procedure that somebody from the court or from the lawyer representing the case against you will call the Barangay captain to verify if you are leaving in that place?


View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum