Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

nullifying marriage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 nullifying marriage on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:54 pm


Arresto Menor
hi. gusto ko lang po malaman if i can apply for nullity of marriage instead of annullment. i actually got married in year 2002. My husband and I never went into the normal process, no marriage license nor any pre-marriage seminar.What the executive judge(solemnizing officer) did was he married us under Article 34 EO no 209 in central luzon but we never really co-habited even for a month since we met each other in saudi at we're from different region. I'm a muslim and the guy recently converted to Islam(same man). I would like our marriage certificate to be under the muslim solemnized one since we were already married by the Imam although our papers can't be processed since we have existing marriage certificate. is it possible for me to nullify the marriage and go thru the normal process of marriage under muslim rites instead of filing for annulment? kindly advise me on this matter.

View user profile

2 Re: nullifying marriage on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:00 am


if you're willing to undergo the expense and effort, yes, it can be done.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum