Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHILD SUPPORT FOR MY 6-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 CHILD SUPPORT FOR MY 6-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:36 pm

temtress1018

Arresto Menor
Hi,

I would just like to know the process of filing for Child Support. My ex-boyfriend did not acknowledge our daughter in her birth certificate but he used to send financial support when our daughter was younger but he stopped sending when I landed a job in one of the call centers in Clark, Pampanga. He hasn't been supporting our daughter for 5years now. I was told that even if he didn't sign my daughter's birth certificate as long as I have proof that he was the father (photos of them together, text messages) I can actually file for Child Support.

How much will it cost me to file for that? I don't have money to hire a lawyer because I recently lost my job. How do I go about this? Please help me.

Thanks,
Nina

View user profile

2 Re: CHILD SUPPORT FOR MY 6-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:06 am

attyLLL

try first sending a letter requesting for support. if he refuses, the remedy is to file a petition for support at the family court. the court might require a dna exam.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: CHILD SUPPORT FOR MY 6-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:45 pm

temtress1018

Arresto Menor
Will I be the one to shoulder the expenses for the DNA exam?

View user profile

4 Re: CHILD SUPPORT FOR MY 6-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:27 pm

attyLLL

that depends on the agreement of the parties or the order of the court, but eventually someone has to foot the bill. at UP, it's P45k.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum