Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

a closer look at "cramming"

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 a closer look at "cramming" on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:34 pm

Arresto Menor
does cramming work sometimes? This past sem, cramming worked for me in subjects i crammed for the finals. Let's take a look...

Consti Law

crammed - yes
grade - a decent 2.25

crammed -yes
grade - got 2.0 in final exams, 2nd highest in class as far as i know

Agency & Partnership

crammed - yes
grade - 2.75 (most got 3's and some students got 5's)

crammed - yes
grade - no results yet but I am expecting that I'd get one of the highest scores (compared answers with my classmates' na kasi)

crammed - NO. big ef*ing NO. studied for 3 long days but still...
grade - 5.0/bagsak

WTF???!!! Have you had similar experiences as mine? Does cramming sometimes work? Also, in the property subject, I didn't have difficulties understanding the concepts but still, I failed. Now, I wonder if cramming does wonders to anyone else as well? I crammed in 4 subjects but I did well in them. In property, on the other hand, I did not cram but I still failed. I am trying to decipher the mystery behind the results of my exams last sem. They all came off as a surprise, specially Sales (because I crammed studying in merely 5 hours, even less, but still ended up getting one of the highest scores).

View user profile

2 Re: a closer look at "cramming" on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Arresto Menor
maybe it worked well on you because during the times you were cramming, ur anxiety level helped increase your attention span, so probably that was the reason, unlike compared dun sa pagaaral mo sa property.,i think

View user profile

3 Re: a closer look at "cramming" on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:58 am

Arresto Menor
Cramming worked for me also during the last semester. Though I never got failing grades before, my grades weren't that good in cramming as compared to the past sems when I studied diligently.

Cramming may help us cross the bridge sometimes but it is a practice that cannot be relied upon, it will put you in a shaky ground, as it cannot surpass the retention that a student may have by studying diligently:)

This is unsolicited but I'll share this, anyway:)

"In prayer, ask GOD for wisdom, not just answers. Seek a brave heart, not just quick help. Desire endurance, not instant solutions. Seek not perfection but HIS will."

View user profile

4 Re: a closer look at "cramming" on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 am

Arresto Menor
ok, cramming is acceptable but other factors must be taken into consideration like the subject matter, the professor, type of exam, etc....I make it a rule that I only resort to cramming as a last resort and if the subject matter allows it.

View user profile

5 Re: a closer look at "cramming" on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Arresto Menor
Cramming helps us absorb info to our SHORT-TERM MEMORY. It works when we cram for the final exams. Well, good luck at the Bar exams.

View user profile

6 Re: a closer look at "cramming" on Sat May 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Arresto Menor
The so called cramming works perfectly for me and never failed to amaze me since my high school days, however, I feel guilty when answering question which I do not know the answer. Deep inside my thoughts, I know I could have done better if not best by studying diligently.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum