Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reckless Imprudence by a Minor

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Reckless Imprudence by a Minor on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Hello po, I'd like to ask for advice regarding the facts below:

Winson, 17 yo, drove our multicab without our permission at 1:30am in the morning. He hit a motorcycle with 2 passengers. The driver (owner of motorcyle) was settled na. the other passenger who had to undergo an operation for his fracture is demanding 90k from us. We counter-offered 60k total. No settlement was achieved during the preliminary investigation. They will just file a case of reckless imprudence. My questions:

1. What are the consequences to Winson, a minor? Will he be arrested? If so, can he be bailed out? Will he be imprisoned?

2. What are consequences to us who own the multicab? Can they eventually file a civil case to demand 90k?

3. How do we get the multicab which is now still in the custody of the police?

4. When will their cause of action prescribe? The incident happened last May19th. The final hearing (prelim investigation) is today Nov 10th.

Thank you very much! Very Happy

View user profile

2 Re: Reckless Imprudence by a Minor on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:32 pm

attyLLL

who is this winson to you? are you in a position to file a case of carnapping against him? this can be used as a defense against claims against you.
1) he can be still be convicted if it is shown he knew what he was doing was wrong
2) damages can be claimed from the registered owner

3) file a motion with the prosecutor to release motor vehicle. you will need pictures of the vehicle and an affidavit of undertaking

4) it will not because the case was already filed at the prosecutor's office.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Reckless Imprudence by a Minor on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:57 am

Thanks Atty. for answering my queries. Winson is actually my husband's cousin. We may not be able to file a case against him. He is a teenager and nilabas nya yung vehicle to buy food for him after drinking with the neighbors.

Atty, the motion to the prosecutor and affidavit of undertaking - are these things we can file without a need of lawyer? What will an affidavit of undertaking contain? Thanks atty for the help.

View user profile

4 Re: Reckless Imprudence by a Minor on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:01 pm

attyLLL

you can look for samples on the web. many notaries have ready drafts.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Reckless Imprudence by a Minor on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:57 am

Thank you atty for the help. : )

View user profile

6 Re: Reckless Imprudence by a Minor on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:32 pm

nikerbg

Arresto Menor
gud pm sir. can i asked a little question regarding the motorcycle which now under the custody of the police station. for the reason that motorcycle involved in traffic accident. can we get our motorcycle, witho amicable settlement etween us the complainant and respondent..?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum