Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Verbal abuse, insults and derogatory statements... can I sue the person?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I recently found out that my husband and his ex has been connecting. I read their chat messages where the Ex was referring to me as paranoid and things that made me heat up with anger. So, I emailed this girl and told her to stop calling me paranoid and stuff. I also told her to stop flirting with my husband 'coz it wont go anywhere. I was just being objective with their chat messages wherein she called me paranoid and so on and she told my husband that she likes to tease him and all. So basically, I was really heated up with anger. And here comes her reply full of derogatory words, insults and verbal abuse. She called me "tanga, praning, a clown and baboy". She even recalled things that happened in my past that made me somewhat depressed up to this moment. She had so many words, called me names. I bounced back with some foul words too, but it was out of my anger. Do I have a case against this person I am referring? If so, what are my chances of winning if I file a case against her? And what will be her punishment?

View user profile


will your husband be willing to issue an affidavit which states he allowed you to use the email and chats as evidence? if not, they are inadmissible due to a violation of privacy.

if he's good with it, then you can try to file a case of libel.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum