Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage license

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Marriage license on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:57 pm


Arresto Menor
hi. I am 23 years old. I am pregnant right now and my fiancee and I are planning to get married next year. however, my parents is unfavorable of our marriage and they will not give me a parents advice, in which one of the requirement for getting a marriage license. i really wanted this, i am happy with my life and i dont need my parents advice just to get married. and dont want to jinx our marriage just because of a useless parents advice. what do i need to do? will we still be able to get married? i am really worried. please help. thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Marriage license on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:10 am


Arresto Menor
You don't have to worry about anything. Parental advice is not an essential requisite of marriage. If you don't get a parental advice, then the "the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor." (ART 15 of the FAMILY CODE). After that period is up, all you need to do is execute a sworn statement stating that you have sought parental advice but it was not favorable and so on. You then attach that to the application for marriage license.

View user profile

3 Re: Marriage license on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:29 am


Arresto Menor
thank you very much. Very Happy Smile

View user profile

4 Re: Marriage license on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:46 am


Arresto Menor

We went to our local city health here in Mandaue City, Cebu.. to process the marriage certificate, we told them about my situation, that my father agreed to it but don't want to undergo the hassle of getting a parents advise in the local registrar where he is currently staying right now. i told the representative of the cityhelath about it, but then, he said, even if i will get an affidavit stating that my father will not get a parents advise, they will still not give us the marriage license because they will be questioned. is that reasonable???

View user profile

5 Re: Marriage license on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:55 am


it is the civil registrar, not the city health office, which issues marriage licenses. if someone from the registrar refuses, and not just delays by 3 months, the issuance, write a letter to the head of the office.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum