Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 FAVORITISM on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:42 am

Arresto Menor
My mother-in-law (60 y/o) has 2 daughters: Wifey (38 y/o) and Sis-A (26 y/o)
Sis-A is “illegitimate” child (from the 2nd husband) while wifey is from the 1st & legal husband.

Just this year 2011, my mother-in-law inherited a property in Bulacan and sold it for 2 million then she bought a new house & lot property worth 2 million peso and she wants it to be given to Sis-A (and not shared to wifey)via LAST WILL TESTAMENT… my wifey was even the one who sold the Bulacan property via power of attorney given by my mother-in-law.

Then this November, my mother-in-law borrowed 2 million peso loan in Landbank (under the OFW Reintegration Program). The loan is deferred payments for 5 years and 10 years to pay (meaning payments will starts only in 2017 until 2027). She must be very old by then and so my wife was made as CO-MAKER. As CO-MAKER, my wife will be made to pay her 2 million loans in case of her death or in-capacity to pay.

In short, In case of her death, Sis-A will inherit 2 million worth of property while my wife will inherit 2 million loan…. What a great mother!

Background of Sis-A: She was a drug pusher been jailed, been married 4 times to 4 different men and used to beat my mother-in-law.. in contrast to my wife whom is a responsible citizen working in BPO. According to relatives, this is the reason why she (Sis-A) must be given special support. Likewise, my mother-in-law been “married” 4 times to 4 different men.. this personal information may be irrelevant but I just want to show the state of mind of my mother-in-law

1.0 Isn’t it right that the property (worth 2M) must serve as guarantee for us so must not be given to Sis-A?

2.0 Is there a law that I can cite to secure the said property as guarantee for the 2million loan of my mother-in-law?

3.0 Is my wife as CO-MAKER would make me also as CO-MAKER also to LandBank?

4.0 Can my wife as the “legitimate” child invoke that she must not be by-passed with inheritance by mother-in-law

5.0 Since the source of the 2 million money came from wifey’s grand parent in Bulacan, can she invoke that as grand-daughter, she must be given by the shares of the inheritance from her grand-parents

Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum