Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

i am the second wife of a naturalized US citizen

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

twina

Arresto Menor
My (then)boyfriend married a US citizen in the US. Then year later he married me in the Philippines. I didn't know he was already married in the US when we planned the wedding. After our wedding, he left the Philippines and stayed in the US for years. But he continued to be a husband to me on a long distance basis. Later on, I found out about his first marriage. I also learned that the first wife came to know about our wedding but still accepted him. I decided to separate from him and move on with my life here. I had my career and raised our child alone. Then after 3 years, we get to talk again. He asked for forgiveness and reconciliation. To prove his sincerity, he filed for a divorce from his first marriage. I took him back. Needless to say, he is now a US citizen. He wants to marry me in the US after the divorce. But his first wife, upon receiving the divorce case, sued him for marital fraud and asked for a huge amount for damages. I am worried this will affect his citizenship, me and our child's entry in the US, or any other unpleasant scenario. How can this counter case affect the divorce he filed? Will he be stripped of his US citizenship? Will he be imprisoned? What can be the chances of us getting married in the US after he is granted the divorce?

View user profile

attyLLL

your questions are best discussed with an american lawyer.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum