Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breach of contract (contractual employment)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Breach of contract (contractual employment) on Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:53 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi! Guys.. please help me i need advice on my contract in a company here n the philippines. I was hired as as contructual employee for a year. I still have mons left but i planned to breach my contract due to work problems. I am no longer happy and satisfied with environment and people i work with and it caused me sleepless nights and inconvenience in working. The contract says they have the rights to terminate the contract if the project done already. But, if i will be the one to terminate the contract at any time, i have to pay the remaining months of my tenure. the equivalent of the payable i have to pay is the no. of remaining months x the monthly salary.

Please let me know what i have to do.. . I want to go out and find another one. feel so helpless at this moment and afraid to be sued by the company. The amount is really high and i can't afford to pay it back to them. My contract was with me and i believe they dont have copy of it since it was not notarized because the hr forgot to take it back from me.

Questions: what are the possible arrangement i can negotiate to them? I am emotionally stressed because of my working relationship with someone in the company."Napupulitika ako" of that someone.

With regard to the amount can I negotiate to them the amount i am afford to pay?

I am hoping for your immediate response, thank you in advance

View user profile


Arresto Menor
...bring your contract to and ask advice from a good pro-labor lawyer (i have no idea how much would it cost you for a legal advice, in our place, it's about five hundred pesos)...'re lawyer will PROBABLY write to your employer, on your behalf, that your are terminating or rescinding your contract of employment, on one valid ground or another, that you would not have to pay as stipulated... or he may ADVISE you another way...

...wish you all the best...

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum