Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Married but my husband is "single" in his work contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

margaret_1316

Arresto Menor
my husband is a seaman, we are married for 3 years with 2 children. 3 months before he sign for a new contract we were not in good terms since i am having problems with my mother in law. He went back to manila to sign for a contract without talking with each other. I checked at the poea if he really signed for a contract and i found out that he is single in his status and we are not his allotee so we are not getting anything for 4 months until now. In his 3 previous contracts i am receiving only 50% of his allotment while his mother gets the other half. what case should i file for him? his reason for not giving us his allotment because his family needs it more than we do. We are staying at my parents house so he thinks we still dont need money because my father can still help me raise our children. What should i do? Please help!!

View user profile

attyLLL

first, file a letter with a copy of your nso certified marriage certificate at the poea to inform them of his false info.

then send a demand letter to him addressed to his parents' house. then file a case of economic abuse at the prosector's office.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

annikabella08

Arresto Menor
Hi Atty.,

We are legally married and my husband is in Dubai now. He started to work there in 2007. He planned to go back home at 2008 but he said that his employer did'nt agree for his vacation leave. Same year he sent us money 1k or 2k then after 3 months he didn't send anymore that was Feb 2009 till March 2009. We are not in good terms anymore because when i called him other woman answered my call through his mobile phone. He kept on telling me that it was just a friend. Now it's been 2 years since we agreed to separate but not legally only verbal. I'm asking for a financial support for his 3 kids which are now supported by my mother since i don't have job. How can i file a case or support from him since he is in Dubai.

View user profile

snowy24

Arresto Menor
Hi Atty.

My husband and I married last June 5, 2006. We are both Filipino. I'm only 21 that time. He forged our documents just to process our marriage. Under parental consent, he signed even he knew that my mother is already dead and my father who I never had chance to know. And he even gave wrong address. We signed documents in Makati and the marriage was filed in Pasay. I'm living in Quezon City and before he was living in sta.mesa manila.

I allowed him to do that because of his promise that after graduation he will send my petition papers only to find out that he exerted all his effort just to stop everything. I never had chance to use his surname and I never declared in my status that I'm married since after 6 months of being married he decided to leave me for good.

I also found out that he is marijuana user and during our long distance affair and he manifested unruly behavior.

It's already 6 yrs that we are not together. I also found out through friends that he married in Mexico. And sadly, I'm stock to a man who never exist.

I'm about to visit Bureau of Immigration just to check his status. Is it possible that he can marry someone in Mexico even he was married in the Philippines?

Can I still marry someone? Or is this for a lifetime that I'm stock unless I filed annulment? Is it true that I can't file annulment if the other party is outside of the country? But how about my case? Again, Its already 6yrs.

What are the things that I should do? Can I simply declare abandonment? What are the requirements? Pls. help me. I'm emotionally suffering and I don't have enough.

Thank you.

View user profile

attyLLL

annika, begin with contacting the owwa. they might contact him there

snowy, if you have sufficient resources, you can still file for annulment even if he is not here.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum