Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Please help on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:20 am

circulatio2001

Arresto Menor
My wife has been receiving malicious emails accusing me of having an extramarital affair. I suspect the emails are from a coworker. I have already reported the incident to our HR director. I have not been unfaithful but my wife seems to believe the accusations (she has a lot on her mind lately and the emails were the last straw). Our relationship has been severely strained and she has threatened to send transcripts of my emails and texts with my female coworkers to our management. There is nothing to prove but I am afraid of my reputation being damaged before my colleagues and business partners. My livelihood is threatened. She says she can no longer help me with our joint obligations like the car and our home rental. I am prepared for the worst and getting ready for a single parent scenario. We've been married for 22 years. Is there a way I can prevent her from doing this? It is stressful and I am trying my best to keep calm. Baka kung ano pa magawa ko. I just need her to agree to a dialog (neutral venue) to hear my side - kahit yun na lang. I tried reasoning, begging her to keep an open mind and, even crying but to no avail. Malaki ang galit nya na di ko alam kung saan galing. What are my legal options? Can she be compelled to dialog. I can't do it myself. Salamat.

View user profile

2 Re: Please help on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:29 am

circulatio2001

Arresto Menor
PS - I have only told three people about the emails - our HR director (to red flag the incident) and two of my closest friends. Ayoko munang sabihin sa iba because I don;t want my wife to be put in a bad light, especially that there is really nothing to prove. Mapapahiya po siya talaga. Our youngest is asking me why her mom is behaving in such a manner (nakakahalata). Our home is being threatened.

View user profile

3 Re: Please help on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:38 pm

attyLLL

there is no legal remedy to compel a wife to talk to her husband. don't go in that direction.

try to win her trust back. transparency can be helpful. give access to your phone, emails, social media, etc. try to get common friends to talk to her.

give her an outlet. maybe being treated like crap privately for a while will be better than having the crap come out publicly.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: Please help Today at 9:56 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum