Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

breach of Contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 breach of Contract on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:31 pm

An OFW in Saudi after 2 months i wilfully left my job in the guise of a vacation leave without intent of returning; accepting new job offer from other company who can satify my family's needs and worst i did'nt tell the Philippine agency that i left my job and conceal the pertinent facts "kala nila nasa pinas lang ako pero ang totoo nag apply ako sa ibang companya." Pls help me the company called to the agency to place me on hold and have my name included in the watchlist to ban me in any work abroad. I seek help from the Phil. Consul pero sabi pabayaan ko daw maghabla, ganun po ba yon? pwede ko po ba i raise ang goodfaith as defense kunwari nagkasakit ako kaya di nako nakabalik sa work? hope you can advice me on this. Merry X-mas to all!!!

View user profile

2 Re: breach of Contract on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Prision Correccional
if you intend to work in the same country but with a different employer only disguise as having a vacation but did not leave, the employer can ask for your deportation or even arrest, i've worked in saudi and know a little of their labor law,you should have leave properly by informing your previous employer that you have no intention to return and terminating you work with them prior to looking for other employment, yes, the embassy is correct in saying that you should wait for them to file a formal complaint against you but if you are in saudi in this very moment well that is a very different thing, your employer can simply inform the proper government office about your status and they can place you in a list for them to look for and have you arrested,also, you cannot raise good faith as a defense, in fact you are in bad faith for not informing them of your true intention reasoning that you were sick during those time will only aggravate your situation because they will surely ask for medical certification in the place you are supposed to be resting or recuperating. The best way is to formally inform them of your plan which is terminating the contract of employment, it is for your own benefit and safety to tell them the truth about your employment status with them.

Last edited by redpula on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

3 Re: breach of Contract on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Prision Correccional
as far as i know, in any gulf cooperation council member, a 2 year ban can be imposed for those migrant worker where the employer black listed for work related reasons, this maybe what your employer is telling to your agency, they may be referring to GCC countries which is true, but not outside of it.

View user profile

4 Re: breach of Contract Today at 9:15 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum