Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

need help for BP 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 need help for BP 22 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:25 am

mr. pongkee

Arresto Menor
A friend (Government Elected Official) of mine asked me to find money for him to loan/borrow. And I did. He issued checks as a collateral and signed a promissory note. He paid the previous loan/borrowed money, including the interest (10 to 15%) and principal. But on June 23, 2011, he stopped paying. Now, a total of 69 checks issued in different dates and amounts are in DAIF (Drawn Against Insufficient Fund) and Closed Account), amounting to 1.45M Pesos. We had several verbal agreement that he'll pay his debts. But with no avail. I have lost my faith in making a verbal agreement to him, and i'm planning to sue him.

What shall i do if he doesn't personally receive a demand letter?

How much will it cost me for the Attorney's fee?

What if i don't have sufficient money to pay the court fee, what will i do?

Would the 69 checks and promissory note be enough as an evidence to convict him?

Is it true that BP 22 is a toothless law?

I'm so stressed that he wont pay us, or it would take a longer period of time for him to pay us. I hope u could enlighten me about this matter.

Your reply is highly appreciated.

View user profile

2 Re: need help for BP 22 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 am


have you tried serving a demand letter? have it received at his office or by his wife.

you can try the tactic of filing one case and then serving him during the hearing for the rest of the checks.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum