Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Affidavit - solemnization of the marriage outside the courtroom

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor
Ikakasal po ako this month, but we wanted na gawin ang kasal sa reception venue namin and pumayag naman po ang judge... pero nabasa ko po ito na we need pa ng affidavit na we want our wedding sa ibang lugar or sa bahay... pero wala po kaming sinubmit na ganun and wala din po hiningi samen ang judge... pwede po bang makaaffect sa validity ng kasal namin kung wala kami ng affidavit na ganito?

Art. 23. ... The solemnizing officer shall retain in his file the quadruplicate copy of the marriage certificate, the copy of the marriage certificate, the original of the marriage license and, in proper cases, the affidavit of the contracting party regarding the solemnization of the marriage in place other than those mentioned in Article 8. (68a)

And isa po pong question, may nabasa din po ako na nira-raffle pa po and hindi mapipili ang magkakasal na judge... pero sa case po namin, ni-refer po kami dun sa judge...

Medyo worried po ako na baka hindi maging valid ang kasal namin dahil dito.

Thanks po in advance.

View user profile

it is an irregularity, but will not affect the validity of the marriage

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum