Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Can I change my Son's Surname after me

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How Can I change my Son's Surname after me on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:57 am

lyzius0608

Arresto Menor
Dear Pinoy Lawyer,

How can i change my son's surname? He is legitimate child from my previous marriage as I am already annulled.

He is using his father's surname and I want to change it after my name. Tutal,wala na kaming balita or communication sa kanya.

Eversince po kasi hindi ko naman ginamit ang surname ng ex husband ko. So for me and my son to have the same surname, i would like sana to change it.

Pano po ang procedure? Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Lyz

View user profile

attyLLL

what was the basis for annulment? if psycho incapacity, then he remains to be a legitimate child and required to use the father's surname. you can gamble on a petition for change of name, but be prepared if the OSG will oppose.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

dhane0530

Arresto Menor
Hi atty,

my son is using his biological father's surname(my ex boyfriend). Im getting married soon( to a different man), is it possible to have my son's birth certificate corrected after i get married since my maiden name is whats indicated in his birth certificate. I was hoping to have my married name indicated in his birth cert as his mother while i am working with the adoption. I've read in one of the forums here that the only way to change his surname is thru adoption and im going to take care of it after i get married.

more power and god bless

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum