Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need urgent advice

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need urgent advice on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:02 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi! This is my situation. I have fully paid the required downpayment of a condo unit in 24 equal monthly installments totaling to around 680k considered the equity. I also paid an advance payment of around 150k, and have paid several months of monthly amortizations (inhouse) which is around 500k. However, for more than a year now, I was unable to pay the amortizations (which is still inhouse as i could not avail of a bank/hdmf financing) as I needed the money for my mom's medical treatments who got bedridden and who eventually died just a few months back. And then after that sad event, the company where I am employed got affected by the recession in the U.S., sold the company to another company resulting to a reduction of my income and privileges. This had worsen my capability to continue to pay the amortizations of the condo unit until just recently I received a demand to pay in 60 days notice from the developer otherwise the contract will be cancelled. By the way, I was unable to avail of a bank or hdmf financing because the contract to sell was issued in my children's names who are both minors (they were 9 years old and 7 years old when I acquired the property in 2007 and they are still now 11 years old and 9 years old). Before I received the demand to pay notice, I requested that my name be added in the contract to sell for me to be able to avail of a bank or hdmf financing, however, the request was disapproved because of the unpaid amortizations. I was informed that the disapproval is just temporary until I have fully settled the past dues. Problem is I no longer have the financial capability. Kindly enlighten me if Maceda Law can be applied in my case. I plan to have a meeting with the developer soon, but I believe it is better if I get prepared first (knowledge wise about my rights under the law). Badly need your help. Thank you.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum