Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

correction of middle name and first name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 correction of middle name and first name on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:32 pm


Arresto Menor
Hello po, I would like ask po. I am planning to get my mother a passport but her first name po is Julinda but when she got her NSO its Yolinda,. Also, her middle name is Seroijos on the nso but on the marriage contract its Seojihos.

How can this be corrected? We have migrated na po to a different place. It would be impossible for my mom to go back on her birth place. Can I just process the correction on our current place?


View user profile

2 Re: correction of middle name and first name on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:22 am


Arresto Menor
Hello cutiechen, gusto ko lang makatulong. May experience kasi ako dun sa maling first name sa birth certificate. I am quoting here:

"The general rule is that petition shall be filed with the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the record containing the clerical error to be corrected or first name to be changed is kept.

However, in case the petitioner is a migrant within or outside the Philippines, meaning his present residence or domicile is different from where his civil registry record or records are registered, he may file the petition in the nearest (LCRO) in his area. His petition will be treated as a migrant petition."

Pero what I did was went to the place where I was registered. You also need kasi ng local (municipal) copy of your mother's birth certificate, bukod pa dun sa NSO copy.

Hope that helps. Smile

View user profile

3 Re: correction of middle name and first name on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:20 am


you have to file an admin petition at the local civil registrar for correction of clerical error where the birth certificate is registered.

but i believe there is a process where she can send it by courier or by mail. she should inquire at the civil registrar. if she can't go, i'm sure there's a way to call and inquire.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum