Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Infidelity and Adultery

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Infidelity and Adultery on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 pm

maritalopez

Arresto Menor
Good day. Thank you for this website, it is a great relief to come across this kind of site handling legal issues. This is regarding my husband, who USED to have an affair with a married woman (back when he was still single.) I just discovered this fact recently, when we're already married. I was furious to learn that he cheated on me during our pre-married state and I couldn't believe he would sleep with a married woman. I am highly idealistic and it shook my sensibility to learn about him having sexual relationship with this woman, who is also our COMMON FRIEND. When I saw the woman's message to him on Facebook sent last year, before we got married, I impulsively sent the woman's message to HER HUSBAND. Honestly, the message didn't hint of any sexual relationship (though my husband confirmed to me that they slept several times in the past). After sending the message to her husband, I was filled with fear and regret. Regret, that the affair happened in the past; and fear, that my husband would be sued for adultery. I would have wanted to teach them a lesson they won't forget but I realize, since I am already married to one of the "offenders", I could be entangled in this mess. My husband is an OFW, and I am afraid that he will have a case as soon as he returns. My question is: what case shall be filed against my husband? There is no evidence whatsoever about their affair. Just his confession to me and the messages sent by the woman to me, confirming their affair. Can the husband of the said adulterous woman file a case on both of them for adultery? Will I be involved in this case? Thank you so much and I hope to hear about anyone's legal opinion.

View user profile

2 Re: Infidelity and Adultery on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:12 pm

attyLLL

the husband can charge them both with adultery. they can argue that the evidence is weak, and that you violated his right to privacy of communication so those evidences are inadmissible.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Infidelity and Adultery on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:16 pm

maritalopez

Arresto Menor
thank you answering my queries. My husband is an OFW, is there any chance that he will be detained or will be deported to the philippines once a case is filed against him? thanks

View user profile

4 Re: Infidelity and Adultery on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:55 pm

attyLLL

very unlikely.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Infidelity and Adultery on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:01 am

maritalopez

Arresto Menor
Thank you for the enlightenment.

View user profile

6 Re: Infidelity and Adultery Today at 4:55 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum