Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

non-signing of SPA

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 non-signing of SPA on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Misis

Arresto Menor
Good day,

I have a few queries: A parcel of land is owned by Mr. & Mrs. AAA, both are now deceased (Husband died a year ago, wife died 20+ years ago), the title is still in their name, left no will. They have 7 children, no other heirs.

1. Does the ownership of the land automatically pass to the children?

2. Can the children sell the land?

3. Assuming they could sell the land: Four out of the seven children signed an SPA authorizing the eldest (one of the four)to transact in their behalf. Two are abroad and cannot sign the SPA. One was asked not to sign (my dad). What is the implication of the non-signing as regards my dad?

I hope you could shed light on our problem atty. thanks!

View user profile

2 Re: non-signing of SPA on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:58 pm

attyLLL

1) yes
2) yes

why wasn't your father asked to sign? his share won't be included in the sale.

those abroad can execute an SPA before the philippine consulate or embassy.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: non-signing of SPA on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 am

Misis

Arresto Menor
"why wasn't your father asked to sign? his share won't be included in the sale."

--Their eldest (the one being designated as the agent in the SPA) told my dad "hindi na kami makakapunta dyan sa inyo, ang sabi naman sa amin ng abugado, pwedeng majority lang ng magkakapatid ang pumirma sa SPA, maibebenta yung buong lupa"

"his share won't be included in the sale"
-- what then will happen to my dad's share? i think the land is undivided, there are no metes and bounds specified as to what part each child will get.

View user profile

4 Re: non-signing of SPA on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 pm

attyLLL

i disagree with that statement by the other lawyer.

he remains to be a co-owner.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: non-signing of SPA Today at 6:29 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum