Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

malversation of public property

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 malversation of public property on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:58 am


Arresto Menor
Good morning.i have inquiry regarding malversation of public brother was a former PNP member.He lost his issued firearm in his locker during the time that he wasn't able to duty because he met a vehicular accident in which broke his arm and needed casting. upon returning to his duty, he found out that his issued firearm was not in his locker anymore and that the lock mechanism of his locker was already been tampered. he reported the said incident to his chief of police and blotter the incident. however, his superior didn't conduct or ordered to conduct any investigation regarding the said incident.
today my brother is facing charges of malversation of property without the pnp given him any demand letter. how can my brother be charged of malversation of goverment property if it is a clear act of thief in which it all transpired "inside the police station"? what will we do now?

View user profile

2 Re: malversation of public property on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:17 am


Prision Correccional
there are some procedures in the afp and pnp that are unique and apply only to its own personnel, the constitutional requirement of due process must be accorded to him. Now for the issue at hand, he may request for a lawyer to help him, it is very much obvious that he has no knowledge on what step he must take, if this is a formal body or a mere fact finding committee, your brother must know what is the stage of such investigation. The said body can not outrightly suspect your brother if they have no strong and solid evidence to charge him of any wrong doing just like in any other proceeding, there must be a probable cause as alleged and if there is, the burden of prove lies to the complainant and not to your brother. The best thing you and your brother can do it to hire a lawyer to defend him.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum