Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

libel on facebook,pwede po ba yun?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 libel on facebook,pwede po ba yun? on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:01 am

Arresto Menor
need help po,i have an aunt po kasi na nakautangan ng mom and dad ko,now bayad na po ang utang na yun as a matter of fact po nag sign na ng cancellation of mortgage yung inutusan nyang tao para maningil sa amin pero ang problema po sinasabi nya na may utang pa daw kami at nag post sya sa wall nya na mag ingat daw po ang tao sa mom and dad ko kasi mga manloloko sila,nagmention po sya ng name sa wall post nya at sinabi pang ibili na lang daw namin ng kabaong yung utang namin sa kanya,nabasa po ito ng mga family friends namin at pakiramdam namin ay sobrang nawalan kami ng dignidad dahil sa ginawa nya,napahiya po kami sa marami,binura po nya yung post na yun pero na save ko po yun bago nya nabura,pwede po ba syang kasuhan ng libel dahil sa mga post nya?thank you po in advance...

View user profile

2 Re: libel on facebook,pwede po ba yun? on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Arresto Menor
Internet Libel

ABS-CBN News on Internet Libel

Read the abovementioned web pages and try to get the gist of the story...

likewise, apply sec. 6-13 of RA 8792. hope it helps...

View user profile

3 Re: libel on facebook,pwede po ba yun? on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Prision Correccional
indeed the predicament pertains to the jurisdiction on account of the fact that the situs of the defaming word cannot be established... hopefully the bill then relative thereto would be passed...the E-commerce law (RA8792) however mandates the admission of electronic evidence as proof...anyway, the helpful case cited, who knows, will be reversed due to the persistence of similar events...give it a try, there is no punishment on the right to litigate

in my own experience, the case i filed met the fate of dismissal too by the investigating Officer on grounds of jurisdiction

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum